Dear Parents of Impact and Lighthouse Students,
I pray you are all well! Tim and I greatly appreciate the feedback that we received from families, thank you! As Hope Center and the county begin to re-open and with much consideration to the feedback you provided, we are anticipating Impact and Lighthouse will be able to begin meeting in-person, outside for the month of July.
We will continue to monitor county guidelines and what schools are doing as we move forward. There are strict guidelines that we will need to follow for our youth ministry gatherings. These guidelines are meant to be consistent with Hope Center’s overall re-opening procedures and seek to meet the needs of those in our community that are feeling more cautious or uncomfortable. The protocols we will need to keep in place for all students and leaders are:
- Temperature checks will be required upon arrival. Parents should not leave until we have a temp reading. If a student has a fever (temp of 100 or more), they will be sent home.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and used on arrival and be available at all times.
- Masks will be required to be worn at all times.
- We will ask that everyone maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance at all times.
- If your student or anyone in your household has had a fever, cough or illness in the last two weeks, we ask that your student stay home.
We understand this may feel restrictive for some families. We also understand that for other families this may not be enough for them to feel comfortable with sending their student. Tim and I are finding in our survey results that for families that are less comfortable with students gathering, masks, social distancing, and meeting outdoors are the minimum we can do to ease parent’s concerns and maximize participation. We do not want any student to be left out. Ultimately, we want to care well for families, each other, and continue to carry out the Youth Ministries vision of making disciples that make disciples.
Our summer calendar will be:
July 1st – No Impact or LH for the 4th of July Holiday
July 8th, 15th and 22nd – 7-8:30 pm in the Hope Center Parking lot
July 29th – End of Summer Activity (Impact: Outdoor Movie; LH: Tie-dye Party)
It has certainly been a very different experience the last few months on YouTube and Zoom. If you have any concerns or questions, please reach out to me! We are united by the blood of Christ and I pray you know we are doing our best to connect with students and navigate the needs of all families.
Katie Falgien Tim Loux
Director of Student Ministries Junior High Director